Effingham County Diversity & Inclusion ConferenceName: Effingham County Diversity & Inclusion ConferenceDate: May 21, 2022Time: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDTWebsite: https://thesidc.org/Registration: Register NowEvent Description:
Understanding Diversity Within Physical, Developmental and Mental Disabilities
First Baptist Church of Rincon, 201 East 6th Street Rincon, GA 31326
Date: Saturday May 21st
Program: 9:00am to 12:30pm
The Savannah Interagency Diversity Council and the Effingham County Chamber of Commerce will host a morning of dynamic conversation, diverse viewpoints, personal testimony and engaging speakers who will focus on the many dimensions of physical, mental and developmental disabilities.
All are welcome to attend. Admission is free, but pre-registration is required for admission. The conference will also be streamed live at the chamber's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/EffinghamChamber).
Speakers & Topics
- Disability 411 -The Do’s & Don't of Disability Etiquette Speakers: Denise Howard, Program Director, Angela Denari, Associate Director, Rachael Black, Students Coordinator, and Neil Ligon, Executive Director, Life Inc.
- Intersectionality of Disability in Diversity: The Perspective to look at the Whole Person Speakers:Pauline Shaw, Founder & CEO, Effingham Co. Navigator Team; Heather Smith, Operations Manager, B&B Care Services Inc.
- Guest Testimonial: Michael Holton Jr. South Effingham Elementary Instructional Support in the Technology classroom. Recognized as the first person with a development disability working directly with students giving instruction in the state of Georgia.
- The Able ACT-Stable Account: Eligibility & Benefits Speaker: Troy Breitmann Sr., Trust Advisor & Financial Planner at Queensborough National Bank & Trust Co.
- Panel Discussion: Human Resources, Company Culture, and Building Accessibility Moderator: Christy Brackin, Human Resource Director of Five Star Living Inc. Panelists: Scott Downer, General Manager, Southern Motors Springfield; Heather Smith, Operations & Supported Employment Manager, B&B Care Services Inc.; Tracy Kieffer, Effingham Co. Schools Human Resources Coordinator; Sarah Mausolf, Effingham County Sr. Human Resource & Risk Management Director.
- WOTC Tax Credit Speaker: Tammy Bishop, GA DOL Business Services Region 12
- ADA: Are You Compliant? A Business Perspective Speaker: Joe Marchese, CEO Marchese Construction & Lowcountry Down Syndrome Society
- Family Challenges & Triumphs Speaker Ella Marchese, ECHS Senior
Download an Event Flier Here>>
For more information, contact the chamber at 912.754.3301 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Effingham County: A Hometown Feel, Big City Opportunity