2023 Legislative Priorities
The Effingham County Chamber of Commerce, through its Government Affairs Committee, has developed its legislative priorities for 2023. They include state, regional and county government policies.
1. Encourage coordinated government planning for current and future residential growth.
2. Encourage timely funding to expand water and sewer
3. infrastructure to address growth.
4. Support programs to enhance Georgia’s workforce
5. competitiveness for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial labor.
6. Support responsible development of housing within Effingham County for the growing workforce, while considering the impacts on our education and healthcare systems.
7. Support funding for construction of public conference/community meeting space within Effingham County.
1. Support funding and policies to positively affect healthcare in Southeast Georgia, including workforce development, mental health programs, and improved access.
2. Support enhanced funding for staffing of the Department of Public Health’s offices in Effingham County to address increased commercial development.
3. Support increased access to mental health services in schools and in the community.
1. Support funding for capital outlay programs to help K-12 school districts meet the needs as a result of growing student populations.
2. Support funding and initiatives to improve access to and quality of Pre-K education and childcare throughout Southeast Georgia
3. Support funding and programs to enhance public school safety.
1. Continued support for transportation infrastructure improvements within Effingham County, and for funding of connective road improvements throughout Southeast Georgia through the Georgia Department of Transportation.
2. Promote community support for continuation of TSPLOST funding in Effingham County.
3. Support methods to increase access to non-emergency transportation for Effingham County residents.