AWWIN Professional Development is an entity of AWWIN, Inc which fills the gap of services for low income single working women who do not qualify for government assistance but still face significant challenges--domestic violence, displacement due to divorce, illness and temporary loss of employment—just to name a few, in their quest to self-sufficiency. AWWIN, Inc. helps women who have intense motivation to make a better life for themselves and their children.
COURSE DESCRIPTION:PREREQUISITES/COREQUISITES: Completed AWWIN Professional Development application and successful intake interview & selection process.
OBJECTIVES: As a result of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand professional etiquette and protocol in business environments.
• Implement appropriate communication skills in specific professional environments such as:
a. Job Interviews.
b. Business meetings.
c. Networking events.
d. Formal business events.
e. Business luncheons and/or dinners.
• Properly dress in appropriate professional (business) attire for specific occasions.
• Use and implement excellent vocabulary for written and verbal communication methods.
• Understand specific Human Resource terminology and methods as it relates to the
• Successfully participate in appropriate office protocol and interactions.
• Manage social media interactions as it relates to professional/business development.