This page is designed to serve as a one-stop source for accurate and relevant information for businesses about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The information will be updated daily.
There is no doubt we are going through one of the most challenging times we’ve ever faced in America. But time and time again, we’ve shown that we have what it takes to face any challenge with grit and determination to come out on top. That’s exactly what will happen here.
It’s going to be a rough road for everyone and especially for small businesses. Let's share our stories and information and together we can come through this stronger then before.
The chamber has prepared handy infographics to help understand the Governor's executive order on reopening Georgia's economy. Click on the image to download a larger version.
Eligible SBA Lenders
Guides to SBA Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loans (Application through Banks)
(courtesy of Tina Browning, Queensborough National Bank)
Federal Coronavirus Economic Relief
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA): Unemployment Benefits to Those Not Ordinarily Eligible (self-employed, gig workers, 1099 independent contractors, employees of churches, employees of non-profits, or those with limited work history who will not qualify for state unemployment benefits.)
- IRS Web Tool for Those Who Do Not Normally File a Tax Return to Receive Their Economic Impact Payment
- USDA Rural Development COVID-19 Resources
- Georgia Conference Call on SBA Economic Disaster Relief Programs (video)
- Georgia Chamber Synopsis of the Federal CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act) Phase 3 Coronavirus Relief Legislation
Information About Coronavirus and Health Precautions
- Coastal Health District: Local COVID-19 Information & Hotline
- Centers for Disease Control: COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines
- Centers for Disease Control: What To Do if You Are Sick
- Georgia Department of Public Health: When to Call 911 for Emergencies
- WTOC: Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19
Business Assistance Information
- Applications for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Relief Programs
- IRS Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
- Small Business Assistance Corporation COVID-19 Recovery Loan Program
- U.S. Dept. of Labor: Required Emergency Sick Leave and Expanded Family Medical Leave Posters (English) (Spanish)
- Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Savannah SCORE Offering Free Business Mentoring Services by Video and Phone During Coronavirus Emergency
- WTOC: Tourism Leadership Council, Georgia Department of Labor provide suggestions regarding temporary layoffs
- Federal Trade Commission: Tips to Avoid Coronavirus Scams
State of Georgia Contact COVID-19 Hotline: (844) 442-2681
The Effingham County Chamber of Commerce seeks to provide access to recommendations, regulations, services and expertise to its members. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this mission remains constant. Prior to acting, members should consult their own professional advisors for information and counsel specific to the individual and unique situations faced by organizations, individuals and corporations. The opinions, interpretations and recommendations of the Effingham County Chamber of Commerce are informational only and should not be relied upon by the recipient as legal or professional advice. The Effingham County Chamber of Commerce makes no representations as to the accuracy or reliability of the content contained herein. Users of this information accept any and all risks associated with the use of such information and agree that the Effingham County Chamber of Commerce has no liability to user.
Businesses must continue to operate with strict social distancing and sanitation rules to keep customers and employees safe. To aid in reopening, we have uploaded signs you can print for your business to show consumers you are following health guidelines, and how they can help keep each other safe in your facility. Download Them Here>>