EOM is seeking an individual with experience in project management and site development, grading, roadway, storm water management systems, water and sanitary sewer systems, erosion, and sediment control design to work on all phases of civil-municipal engineering. Individual may also conduct permitting and code research, write specifications, and prepare and submit permit applications.
Work on all phases of civil-municipal engineering, including project management, site plan review of all phases of site development design (grading, roadway, storm water management systems, water and sanitary sewer systems), erosion & sediment control review and inspection, prepare bid packages, and prepare agreements and contracts. The individual may also conduct floodplain management, code review and research, write specifications, and prepare and submit permit applications.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Skills & Experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- 5+ years of experience
- Site plan review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CIP management experience, including project management
- GDOT experience
- Transportation and road design experience
- Proficiency using AutoCAD 3D is preferred, but it is not required.
- Knowledge of civil site development design, including site layout, streets, stormwater/drainage, sanitary sewer, lift stations, water systems, septic systems, and permitting.
- Knowledge of water and sewer systems, principles and methods
- Knowledge of all hydraulic principles and methods
- Knowledge of MS4
- Knowledge of floodplain management principles and methods
- Knowledge of watershed protection principles and methods
- Knowledge of erosion and sedimentation regulations, design and permitting
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Knowledge of common office computer software such as spreadsheet, word processing, and slide presentation programs.
- Knowledge of water modeling
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification required (at minimum). Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Have or able to obtain and maintain as a condition of employment, the Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission (GSWCC) Level II-Designer Professional Certification (Tan Cards).