EOM is seeking an individual to perform skilled maintenance, repair, and construction work on the potable water treatment and distribution systems of various municipalities; operate maintenance and construction tools and equipment; perform a variety of maintenance tasks relative to water distribution and treatment. Work is performed under direct supervision (Operator II), general supervision (Operator I), under the direction of the Department Manager/Lead Operator.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle complaints and answer questions from the public.
- Make minor adjustments on service equipment; maintain tools and equipment in working order.
- Maintain logs of daily activities.
- Operate and maintain wells, reservoirs, and treatment facilities; inspect residential and commercial service issues.
- Monitor and adjust water production and treatment equipment.
- Lay and fit pipelines; make water line taps; install water services, fire hydrants, valves, and other water devices.
- Perform field duties related to the water system; take water samples and inspect new construction.
- Excavate trenches and install shoring.
- Identify service and main leaks; operate pipe locators; install and inspect backflow devices.
- Read and update water distribution maps and as-built plans and blueprints
- Clean and monitor pump stations and related equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs to water lines as necessary; establish proper traffic control devices.
- Repair, maintain and install water meters and related service lines; read meters; turn services off and on as necessary
- Perform underground service alert locating, marking and notification
- Perform related duties as required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Principles and practices of water distribution maintenance and repair.
- Basic principles of water treatment.
- Common tools, materials, and motorized vehicles and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of a water distribution system.
- Pumps, valves and backflow devices.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Electrical/Mechanical Experience a Plus
- Safe work practices and policies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS
- Possession of a Level I, II, or III Water Operator license issued by the State of Georgia Licensing Board
- Possession of a valid Class C Georgia driver license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid C.P.R. Certificate.
Safety is the company’s number one priority. Subject to company needs, employee must undergo pre-employment drug screen and maintain compliance with company Drug Free Workplace Program at all times. Employee must also comply with company safety program at all times.