Effingham Chamber of CommerceJob Title: Chief Executive Officer
The CEO provides overall supervision and direction for all activities related to administration, programs, finances and strategic plan of the Chamber. The CEO promotes economic growth and health in the Effingham County business community, in alignment with the Chamber’s mission statement. Other key duties include membership cultivation, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Chamber Board of Directors.
Essential Functions - Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the Chamber in a manner that supports and guides the Chamber’s mission and vision, as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Provides oversight and supervision of Chamber events that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Support organization’s Board and committee meetings.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Responsible for working in partnership with appropriate staff to ensure timely preparation of adhoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Facilitate strategic planning to ensure that the Chamber can successfully fulfill its mission and vision into the future.
- Responsible for the effective administration of Chamber operations
- Reviews all agreements and other documents made and entered on behalf of the organization to ensure cost effectiveness and to keep the Board informed.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other non-dues resources necessary to support the Chamber’s mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
11. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Chamber, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for the management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll for the Chamber.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Chamber’s image by being active and visible in the community and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations, to include establishing and maintaining relationships with businesses and various organizations throughout the community.
- Serves as the Chamber’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s members, the media and the public.
- Launches plans and initiatives that drives membership cultivation and retention.
- Develops and oversee marketing and other communication efforts
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Oversee and implement resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Supervises Chamber staff and volunteers and collaborates with members.
- Administers, develops, and revises administrative policies and procedures with Board approval.
- Effective Communication and Engagement Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Business Acumen/Organizational Stewardship
- Sound Judgement and Decision Making
- Financial Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Cultivating Community and Business Partnerships
- Executive Presence
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, business or public administration, marketing or closely related field;
- Five (5) years of relevant prior experience; a combination of relevant experience and education may be acceptable in meeting the minimum requirements.
- Graduation from Leadership Effingham/Leadership Southeast Georgia a plus
- Experience with ChamberMaster a plus
- Experience with graphic design/publishing software (Publisher, Indesign, Canva, etc.) a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. Routinely operate electronic devices using hands and fingers. Occasionally required to walk and provide presentations to small and large group of people. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Works inside and outside and works closely with others.
Salary range of $60,000-$70,000 with bonus opportunities, health insurance, retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation/sick/personal days
All inquiries and resumes should be received by August 30th to: EffinghamChamberCEO@gmail.com