Member Service Representative
GeoVista Federal Credit Union has an immediate opening for a member service representative at our branch located in Rincon, GA.
The main focus of this position is to provide excellent service to our members while performing transactions on the teller line.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan/credit card payments and advances, cash advances, issuing savings/cashier's checks and money orders, and redeeming savings bonds.
- Performs member account maintenance.
- Must be familiar with Credit Union policies and procedures in order to effectively follow security procedures, handle/direct problems, complaint and special situations.
- Personally maintains a balancing record in accordance with the teller balance standards.
- Initiates conversations with members to determine their financial needs, cross sells Credit Union products and services.
- Provide exceptional member service with all member interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Problem solving skills, as well as the ability to travel if asked to fill in at another branch, based on need. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods is also required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum experience of 1 year in financial or retail sales environment that involves cash handling, customer service and sales.
- Attention to detail and basic math and number sequencing aptitude.
- Demonstrate good judgement in order to evaluate identities, accounts, checks and currency.
- Ability to communicate with members and others at all levels of the Credit Union, in written and verbal formats.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
GeoVista Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer